- Deposit - A deposit of 50% of the total tour price is required to secure a booking.
The receipt of a deposit does not imply acceptance of a booking. We will confirm our acceptance of your booking in writing, and it is at this time that a contract comes into existence between us.
- Payment of Balance - The balance of the tour is payable no less than 14 days before the tour date. Where bookings are made within 14 days of a requested tour date then the tour price should be paid in full. Should payment fail to reach us by the date specified, we reserve the right to cancel the booking and retain the deposit.
- Cancellation by Client - Any cancellation by the client on any tour must be made in writing (by email or text message). Due to the bespoke nature of our tours and the additional costs that may be incurred in paying any third party suppliers selected as part of your tour, I Love Edinburgh Tours Ltd will refund as follows:
Cancellation 28 days or more prior to the tour date – 75% of the deposit paid less any non-refundable costs already paid to third party suppliers selected as part of the tour itinerary.
Cancellation between 15 and 27 days prior to the tour date - 50% of the deposit paid less any non-refundable costs already paid to third party suppliers selected as part of the tour itinerary.
Cancellation within 14 days or less of the tour, no refunds will be issued.
- Cancellation by I Love Edinburgh Tours Ltd – If I Love Edinburgh Tours Ltd have to cancel a tour due to extreme weather an alternative date will be offered where available. Where it is not possible to rearrange to another alternative date then a full refund will be made.
Please note that tours do go ahead in wet and snowy weather, therefore it is recommended that suitable clothing is worn by the client.
Should I Love Edinburgh Tours Ltd have to cancel for any unforeseen circumstances, the client will be given as must notice as possible.
- Lateness – In the event of our tour guide running late because of an unforeseen incident, we will call you to make you aware. So please ensure the mobile telephone number you have supplied us with is operational.
If a client is late to arrive at the arranged pick-up point, the tour guide will wait up to 30 minutes before the tour is automatically cancelled. Please note no refund will be given in these circumstances.
- Alteration of Tour Itinerary –The type of tours we offer require some flexibility and must allow for alternatives. For this reason the outlined itinerary and tour description must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the tour and not as a contractual obligation on the part of the company. Should a major alteration be necessary, you will have the option to take an alternative tour (with the price amended to reflect any decrease or increase as a result of doing so).
- Change of Tour Guide - In the event of the specified tour guide being unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond our control, another tour guide will be provided. If this is not possible, then the tour will be cancelled and the provisions of clause 4 will come into effect.
- Changes Prior to Booking - We reserve the right to change any of the prices, services or other particulars at any time before we enter into contract with you. If there is any change, we will notify you before we enter into such contract.
- Special Requests - If you have special dietary or other requests, you should inform us of these at least 48 hours prior to the tour start time. However, we cannot guarantee that such requests will be met, and will have no liability to you if such requests are not met.
- Liability – I Love Edinburgh Tours Ltd does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the client.
The Company does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the client or any other person included on the booking form, unless arising from the negligent act of the Company’s employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). Any claims shall be subject to Scottish law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the Scottish courts.
Subject to the above, the Company shall not be liable to the client by reason of any representation, condition or other term or, any duty at common law, or under the express terms of these booking conditions for any consequential or indirect loss whatsoever (and whether caused by the negligence of the Company or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the supply of the services.
- Complaints - The client must communicate any perceived failure in the performance of this contract on the spot to the tour leader thus giving the tour leader the opportunity to achieve a satisfactory solution. Should this not be possible, you should make your complaint known to us in writing within 28 days of the completion of the tour.
- Insurance - It is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate travel insurance cover before you set out on the tour. The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the tour (whether in whole or in part), death, personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs, loss of or damage to baggage and contents and personal money and belongings and flight cancellations and delays.
In the event of your illness, then you must accept responsibility for any medical costs incurred and I Love Edinburgh Tours Ltd shall not be liable to refund any part of the tour cost.
- Health and Safety - The group must at all times abide by the safety brief and directions of the tour guide.
I Love Edinburgh Tours Ltd must be notified in advance of clients’ which are suffering from any medical condition or are taking medication. Clients whose fitness level or medical condition is not considered by the company to be appropriate for certain activities may be asked to make alternative arrangements. In such cases a refund will not be given.
I Love Edinburgh Tours Ltd reserves the right to terminate a tour if, in the reasonable opinion of the company the behaviour of a client or client group is or is likely to be disruptive, dangerous or upsetting to other people or if such client or group have caused or are likely to cause damage to property. I Love Edinburgh Tours Ltd will not pay any refund or costs incurred by you in the event that a tour is terminated due to unacceptable behaviour.
Please ensure that seat belts are worn at all times. Clients are not allowed to smoke in the vehicles at any time.
- Acceptance - By paying the deposit, you are agreeing to accept all the above conditions. The person paying the deposit agrees to the acceptance of the terms and conditions on behalf of all the individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.
1. The promoter is I Love Edinburgh Tours Ltd.
2. The competition is open to those aged 18 years or over. All guests on the tour must be aged 18 or over.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via https://www.facebook.com/iloveedinburghtours
6. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
7. Closing date for entry will be 10pm on 31 August 2018. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: Y
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prize is as follows: A day tour in the Edinburgh and Lothians for four people, You will be collected from a single agreed location in the Edinburgh area at 10am and returned to a single agreed location in Edinburgh around 6pm. The details of the day will be agreed with I Love Edinburgh Tours Ltd in advance of the tour but include a 2-hour distillery tour and tasting at NB Distillery in the afternoon.
13. The tour must be booked by 31/12/18 and taken by 30/4/19. Guests must abide by the standard I Love Edinburgh Tours Booking Conditions available at
14. The cost of any additional refreshments and lunch during the tour will be paid by the guests and does not form part of the prize.
15. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable. The prize is subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
16. Subject to availability, the tour may be increased to a total of 8 guests at the time of booking, upon payment of an additional fee agreed in advance with I Love Edinburgh Tours Ltd.
17. Winners will be chosen at random within 14 days from all valid entries received by the closing date, using software.
18. The winner will be notified by Facebook messenger within 14 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
19. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Scottish law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.
23. I Love Edinburgh Tours’ decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
24. I Love Edinburgh Tours shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
25. I Love Edinburgh Tours also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.