I Love Edinburgh Tours Ltd are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
The data controller is I Love Edinburgh Tours Ltd, 44 Duddingston Park South, Edinburgh, EH15 3PB ("we" or "us").
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect from you
You may view the Site without giving any personal information about yourself. However, if you complete an enquiry form or book a tour, we ask you for certain basic and personal information in order to build up your personal profile.
We may collect information about you:
- When you provide information directly to us. This includes information provided through web forms or emails.
- If you contact us. We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our Site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access. We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. For more information on how to delete or control cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To process your booking and ensure any special requirements are met.
- To provide you with information about our products and services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have made an enquiry.
Disclosure of your information
Some of the information we collect about you could be considered sensitive. That is why it is never passed on to any parties outside of I Love Edinburgh Tours Ltd, except where making reservations with a tour partner when we will supply details of your booking to them. Your personal information is held securely in accordance with the law.
Your rights and access to information
You can ask us to verify that the information we hold about you is accurate, modify it or even have it deleted from our records. To enquire about what information we hold on you, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For your security the email address on the request must match the email address on our records. If it does not match then further identification will be required.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.