Join us for a historical private day tour around Edinburgh and beyond, dedicated to exploring our outstanding historical sights.
Let us take you away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre and show you the wonderful sights that few visitors to the city will see. As with all our tours, your historical trip will be tailored especially for your group. We’ve given some suggestions below to inspire you, then it’s simply of case of letting us know what you fancy and we’ll provide you with a suggested itinerary. Then get yourself ready for an outstanding day exploring the hidden history of the area.
What takes your fancy?
- stately homes and gardens
- museums – there are lots of unique museums giving insights into everything from the cold war to coal mining
- for Outlander fans, we can retrace the steps of Jamie and Claire
- clan connections - visit sites specific to your family clan
- and so many other things, including roman fort remains and WW2 fortifications
- also we can introduce any of the elements from our other tours too – fancy a wee dram at a whisky distillery?
Simply let us know what grabs your attention and we’ll put together a day that’ll go down in history for you! If there is somewhere you want to go that’s not been mentioned, just say and we can incorporate it – that’s the benefit of private touring. Remember all our tours are family friendly, so if you’ve got little ones, the plan for the day will ensure that they have an outstanding time too.
It really depends on how much you want to fit into the day, however our recommended time for collection from your accommodation would be 9am
The return to your accommodation will be arranged around your preferences for the day and any evening plans you wish to make, but is usually between 5-6pm
From £395 for up to 8 people. The total price will depend upon your choices made for particular activities and other inclusions. Discounts may be available for multi-day bookings.
This full day tour includes:
- A bespoke itinerary for your group
- A door-to-door service
- Commentary in English giving you a local insight. This will be tailored to suit your group.
- Plenty of opportunities to take some spectacular photos
- The entry cost to any chosen attractions or other activities (unless agreed otherwise)
- The tour does not include the cost of refreshments and meals throughout the day
Book this tour