Take a private day tour around the outstanding hidden gems that Edinburgh has to offer.
What we want to do is take you away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre and let you explore the areas of Edinburgh that other tourists don’t get to. As with all our tours, your trip around Edinburgh will be tailored especially for your group. There’s 101 outstanding things that you can do in Edinburgh, so simply tell us about the kinds of things you like to do and we’ll provide you with a suggested itinerary and we will transport you on a day that will create lasting memories.
So what kind of things would you like to do?
- Discover the hidden history of the city – from a beautiful village of thatched cottages dating back to the 1200s, or the 14th century castle where Mary Queen of Scots resided for a time, to the stunning Rosslyn Chapel which was more recently featured in the Di Vinci Code or the Royal Yacht which was home to the Queen during many of her travels around the world
- Climb a volcano (don’t worry it is extinct now!) and get the best panoramic views of the city
- Get some sea air – explore the beautiful beaches of the city, go hunting for crabs in rock pools, discover the traditional fishing harbours or even walk out to a tidal island which has fortifications from WW2
- Sample our local produce – whether it be whisky, beer or gin that’s your tipple, they’re all made locally, so why not visit the producers to sample some. We could go berry picking in the summer months, or snuggle up in front of a roaring fire in the winter for some excellent Scottish fayre.
- Discover places that provided the inspiration for or were used as filming locations for big budget productions such as Outlander and Harry Potter
- Let the little kids (and the big kids!) blow off some steam with an awesome activity such as snow tubing, rock climbing, trampolining or putting
Simply let us know what you fancy and we’ll take you out for a special day, so you can make the absolute best of your trip to Scotland.
Edinburgh city centre
The centre of Edinburgh is really compact, so I’d recommend that you take the time to see the main attractions like Edinburgh Castle, the Zoo and Holyrood Palace by yourself and at your own pace. You can easily spend a good few hours at these attractions and don’t really need a tour guide to help you to do them, however if you would like these included in your tour, I’d be happy to accommodate.
It really depends on how much you want to fit into the day, however our recommended time for collection from your accommodation would be 9am. If you're visiting Edinburgh on a cruise ship, we can tailor a shore excursion for you and provide a door-to-door service.
The return to your accommodation will be arranged around your preferences for the day and any evening plans you wish to make, but is usually between 5-6pm
From £395 for up to 8 people. The total price will depend upon your choices made for particular activities and other inclusions. Discounts may be available for multi-day bookings.
This full day tour includes:
- A bespoke itinerary for your group
- A door-to-door service
- Commentary in English giving you a local’s insight. This will be tailored to suit your group.
- Plenty of opportunities to take lots of spectacular photos
- The entry cost to any chosen activities or other inclusions (unless agreed otherwise)
- The tour does not include the cost of refreshments and meals throughout the day
Book this tour